Tuesday 4 July 2017

*** REVIEW *** WIRED by Julie Garwood






Wired is my first Julie Garwood book.  I’m not sure why it took me so long to try one of her books because it has everything I like a crime to solve, a romance brewing, and some tense moments. 

Wired is the story of Allison Trent, a beautiful woman, so beautiful she started modeling part-time at a young age.  She is also smart and soon to graduate student from Boston College.  She has a mind for technology with a gift for writing complex code.  She is also a superior hacker.  Her hacking skills are used for good in a Robin Hood way. 

Liam Scott is an FBI agent who recommends Allison to the cyber crime division to help them figure out who is leaking FBI information and putting agents in danger.  Liam is a man who is married to his career and jumps around the world at a minute’s notice to put out fires where he is needed.  He likes it that way.  He doesn’t want to be tied down to one place or one woman.

Wired is told in third person point of view, so the reader has the benefit of getting in the head of the characters.  Since the focus of the story is primarily Allison, we know her more than any of the other characters.  In addition to the main plot, there are a couple subplots that keep the story moving at a good, steady pace with a lot of action and tension.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wired.  I didn’t realize it is part of a long-running series until I received the book.  I didn’t feel lost at all as the book works as a standalone.  Some of the Buchanans make an appearance in this story, but there isn’t any reference to previous books or any events that have me wondering what I missed.

The only flaw for me is that I don’t feel like I know Liam like I should.  I understand that he works on highly classified projects, but I think we could have a little more about his story.  He is always leaving because of his job, and we know he is conflicted because he is drawn to Allison and shows up when needed but something is missing in the development of this character. 


There is enough suspense and action in Wired that I’m interested in starting at the beginning of this series and get up-to-date with the characters.  Julie Garwood is a talented author that makes her readers want more.  I recommend Wired for any fans of a strong female lead in a good mystery with a little romance thrown in for good measure.  

4 Stamps



No comments:

Post a Comment