Thursday 13 April 2017

*** NEW RELEASE *** HART OF HERS: A WOUNDED HERO ROMANCE by Annie Arcane




I said yes.

To the most difficult, frustrating, hard-headed workaholic on the entire planet. Don't even get me started on his massive ego. Sometimes it's tempting to strangle the stubborn idiot.

Instead, I'll just marry him.

Because I'm in love with the world's sexiest stubborn idiot.

And if Jerkface thinks he can threaten my man...

He's got another thing coming.

Warning: Strong language, mature content, drama, and angst included. Shirt sold separately.


This novella is an adult contemporary romance featuring a disabled hero who (still) happens to be a rich and sexy alpha male with a potty mouth.

Cale and Mickey: Book 3 of 4



Hart of Hers is the third book in the Cale & Mickey story by Annie Arcane.  It is a very short novella, in fact, it took me only a couple of hours to read.  Hart of Hers continues to follow the struggles this couple must confront to move their relationship forward.  Cale hides from Mickey emotionally and Mickey keeps secrets from Cale.  What a mess but they want to figure it out. 

I am crazy about this couple and love that Annie shows the inner turmoil of a handicapped individual and the people who are lucky enough to love him.  Annie Arcane is a good writer.  She does her research and is spot on the way she portrays the life and challenges of a paraplegic.  The story stirs emotions and makes the reader root for the couple to find a way to make it work. 

I love Cale even though he makes me furious.  The same for Mickey.  She has a lot in her past that hinder her in the past, but she reveals more of herself to Cale.  Mickey is a great female character. She is motivated to succeed in this relationship. Both characters deal with different challenges and internal struggles and pain.

There is only one little criticism.  (The author knows what’s coming.)  I don’t like short serial stories.  Adding to my personal dislike, this novella, in my opinion, is too short for all that is happening.  The switching back and forth from Mickey”s to Cale’s point of view gives the reader whiplash and skimps on substance.  I expected more of Mickey’s story, and it feels like significant events that would aid in developing the characters and their relationship are skimmed over or we only get hints about what happens and why.

I love where this couple is going.  I hope that we get a little more in-depth understanding of the events in the next book.  I can’t imagine how everything can be resolved in another short novella.  I miss Cale’s family. The move is hardly mentioned.  Regardless, I encourage you to get the series. Annie is a good storyteller with a unique style.   I expect to see a lot more from her in the future.

I love the first book Hart Broken; the character development allows the reader to connect to this couple.  I am look forward to how everything is wrapped up in the future.  It is enjoyable to read a book/series that isn’t your typical romance storyline and shows that an alpha hero can be a man in a different package.  That is what you get in Hart of Hers and the Cale and Mickey series.   I’m hoping for this couple to honestly share with each other and succeed. Kudos Annie.  Can't wait for what is ahead.  You have a beautiful gift of storytelling. 

3.5  Stars


OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES

Hart Broken: A Wounded Hero Romance (Cale & Mickey Book 1)

Hartof His: A Wounded Hero Romance (Cale & Mickey Book 2)


Romance novels. Wounded heroes. Alpha and angst.

Annie doesn’t like long walks on the beach, getting dolled up, or HEA endings with a boringly perfect hero. She’d much rather be rock climbing, shooting guns, or ending on cliffhangers with a deliciously imperfect hero. And hugs. She likes hugs.

She also has a B.Sc. in Biology and feels kinda sorta weird referring to herself in 3rd person. Just saying.

www.anniearcane.com                 



No comments:

Post a Comment