Monday 6 February 2017

*** REVIEW *** HELL AND BACK by Natasha Madison


 

Meeting him was a fluke. Dating him was a mistake. Watching him become a drug addict put me through hell. Running was my only option.

***
I'm running from my demons and when I find out she's trying to escape her past, I know what I have to do.

One broken cop. One woman fighting for her life. A fragile love.

Sinister secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

They've been to hell. The hard part will be finding their way back together.

 Hell And Back

☆ Amazon ➙ http://amzn.to/2fsYEy9
☆ Amazon UK ➙ http://amzn.to/2enNvdt
☆ Amazon CA ➙ http://amzn.to/2enNmqE
☆ Amazon AU ➙ http://amzn.to/2f0N8au

Hell and Back Ebook (1).jpg


Hell and Back, book one in the Heaven and Hell series, is the first book I’ve read by Natasha Madison.  That isn’t too much of a surprise since this is only the second book Natasha Madison has published. What an incredible story.  The Heaven and Hell series is a duet, and I’m happy to say that I received both books that I can read consecutively which makes me very happy.  That said, Hell and Back or Pieces of Heaven stands on its own with a caveat. Pieces of Heaven will give away some twists that are a better experience if reading books in order. 

Hell and Back begins with Bella running with her young daughter Lilah.  She is afraid and needs to escape an abusive relationship.

"They say you never know hell until you lived in it. I can assure you I know it. I’ve lived in it. I’ve asked to die in it."

I love books with characters that I can wrap my arms around and love completely.  Bella Cartwright, Lilah, and Jackson Fletcher are memorable characters. Jackson has a lot of pain in his life but still knows how to be loving and kind.   He is an understated, macho, hero. Don’t get me wrong there isn’t any doubt that Jackson is an alpha protector.  What I mean is that he has all the super alpha qualities, but he doesn’t hit Bella over the head and claim her.  Jackson quietly takes her in and teaches Bella how to be loved.  

“I won’t hurt you or Lilah, not now, not ever. You have my word on that.”

Bella is introduced in some heart-wrenching scenes.  The beginning causes anxiety and pain in my heart for her while hoping that she will escape her nightmare.  Fortunately for Bella, she had a grandmother who loved her and left her a home where she can live with her daughter and put her life back together.  The house is across the street from Jackson, a policeman, who has some of her history from Bella’s grandmother and now wants to help Bella and her daughter.

I love the characters in the story.  Natasha Madison does an excellent job introducing Mick and Marissa.  We learn enough about them and know that there is more to their story.  We get to learn the more in the next book Pieces of Heaven.

Hell and Back is a beautiful love story about a couple who overcomes a lot of pain to get to their good place.  The story is told in the dual points of view of Jackson and Bella.  It is well written with twists and turns that are unexpected and add a lot of angst to the story.  The twists are well plotted so that, while surprising, aren’t unbelievable.  The twists add to the character development, the relationship building and eventual healing for the two characters.   A must read!

4.5 Stamps
 
When her nose isn’t buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she’s in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It’s a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn’t listen to her…


https://natashamadisonauthor.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorNatashaMadison

No comments:

Post a Comment