Tuesday 14 February 2017

*** REVIEW ** DIRTY LIKE US by Jaine Diamond -- Free Link Below


What happens in Vegas… better stay in Vegas.

Maggie Omura has never been a gambling woman. As assistant manager of Dirty, the hottest rock band on the planet, she brings order to the lives of four crazy-ass rock stars.

But when the band lands in Vegas, a streak of bad luck lands Maggie in a bind--and in the penthouse suite, with the last man she'd ever want for a roommate.

Zane Traynor, lead singer of Dirty. Rock god. Sex god. Total nightmare for women.

And the only man who'd make Maggie a proposal so insane it just might work.

A night of chance.
An irresistible gamble...
It's time for Zane and Maggie to go all in.


First I’m going to yell a minute... Ms. Diamond what are you doing to me?  I’m not so patiently waiting for the next Deep book, and now you have me on edge about Zane and Maggie.  That is not right, and I don’t think I can forgive you.  Well… maybe I’ll forgive you when I get a couple more books, but right now I’m not going to forgive you.  :-)

Dirty Like Us is a novella, prequel to Dirty Like Me.  We get a little tease and some history about this couples' relationship.  For anyone who read Dirty Like Me, you know Zane Traynor and Maggie Omura already.  Zane is the front man for Dirty.  On stage, everyone woman in the audience thinks Zane is singing to her.  Off stage, one smile from Zane and every woman he sees will jump in his bed.

Maggie is the manager’s assistant.  Maggie is a family member of an old rocker, Dizzy, who wants to rekindle his career.  She is good at her job and knows her father wants her to use her connections to help him.  As much as she loves her father, she knows he is using her. The fact that her contacts are more important than her hurts deeply. 

Like most women, Maggie’s heart flutters when Zane walks in the room.  Unfortunately, Maggie has a rule, no fraternizing with the talent.  However, Zane's need to help Maggie with her dad expands a beautiful friendship.   It is Zane that comes up with a shocking plan to put Dizzy in his place. 

I totally expected a one-night stand.  I expected Maggie to start pining for Zane when he moves on.  That isn’t their relationship; they have a unique friendship.  Dirty Like Us is written in alternating points of view that give an insight into both characters.  They both live with the hurt of the loss of loved ones and have a hard time getting past their trauma. 

I love the way the story plays out.  The snappy dialogue between the hero and heroine keeps the narrative moving at a good pace.  Ms. Diamond has crafty a strong heroine who is smart and funny in Maggie.  She pushes through the hurt her father throws at her and makes a success for herself.  I instantly connect with Maggie.

Zane is an easy to love character.  He has a big heart that he masks from most people except his best friends and Maggie.  I love how Maggie brings out the best in Zane, and I can’t wait to see how their story is going to unfold in a full-length novel.  All of Jaine’s characters have depth and emotion.  I love good character driven stories when I’m reading.


Jaine Diamond is now on my must-read list.  I highly recommend that you search for her books.  Dirty Like Us is a good starting point to get hooked on her storytelling and do it as soon as possible.  

4 STAMPS
•**• GET YOUR COPY FREE  •**•

DIRTY LIKE US is currently available as a free book to newsletter subscribers (not available on Amazon, etc.)







No comments:

Post a Comment