Tuesday 21 February 2017

*** REVIEW *** AUDIO MR. CORPORATE by JA Huss




Weston Conrad is the best headhunter in the business. That handsome smile goes a long way towards convincing most people to trust him with their future.
I’m not most people. I’m his direct competition. And it doesn’t hurt to be just the kind of woman he’s been looking for.
I’m gonna flash you these legs, Weston Conrad.
I’m gonna wear low-cut shirts and micro-mini skirts.
I’m gonna dazzle you with wit and conversation and kiss those lips like they’re exactly what I’ve been waiting for.
So don’t hate me when you figure out my secret.
You understand, right? You’re Mr. Corporate and this is just business.


Written by: JA Huss
Narrated by: Abby Craden , Ryan West
Length:9 hrs and 41 mins 
Series: The Mister Series, Book 3Unabridged Audiobook
Whispersync for Voice-ready
 
I can't believe how much I love this audio.  Julie Huss does an excellent job getting the right narrators for her stories and Mr. Corporate is another example of how a good narrator can bring a story to life.  It goes without saying that I am a big fan of JA Huss' writing.  She is an excellent storyteller and her characters are some of the best. When I first read Mr. Corporate the story didn't grab me like the other Misters, however, when I listen to the audio, I get a picture of the characters in a different light.

I love the Mister Series, and now that I'm listening to the books the stories and characters are more appealing to me than before.  The series is about five men who, as college students, are accused of a crime they didn't commit. All five men are hot, successful, and have secrets that unfold a little with each new story.

Mr. Corporate is the most "edge of the seat" mystery to me so far. There is the major story arc through the series regarding what happened in college and why. Who is behind the accusations and why do they want to hurt these particular men? There is also the second chance romance between Weston Conrad and Victoria Arias.

Weston and Victoria (Tori) are on again, off-again lovers since college. When the relationship is good, it is on fire and works for both West and Tori. However, Tori takes offense to everything West says and does romantically causing problems.

Tori is a major witch with a capital "B" in the beginning. What I like is that as the story moves and the characters develop we learn some of Tori's secrets. These revelations soften the readers' judgment regarding her actions.

The narrators did a fantastic job bringing this story to life. I enjoy the way Abby Craden has the tone of a "Queen B" in the beginning then as the story unfolds, she softens, and we feel Victoria's love for West.

Ryan West does an excellent job narrating Weston Conran's point of view. His contradiction of strength and weaknesses come through his voice and give me a complete picture of the character. I love how Ryan conveys Weston's inner conflict regarding Victoria. Weston knows that Victoria is the woman for him but also faces the fact that their union may never happen.

The narrators gave me new insight into this couples' story, and, while I like the book when I initially read it, the audio gives me the opportunity to see the events from a different perspective. The mystery and the secrets these friends hold are cause for more anxiety. Also, this time listening to the story, I feel more fear for the group, not just this couple.

I can't wait for Mr. Mysterious. Great job!



5 Stamps


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment