Monday 6 February 2017

*** 5 STAR REVIEW *** PIECES OF HEAVEN by Natasha Madison



 Marissa
I didn’t want this life.

But sometimes you’re forced to make the best of the crappy hand you’ve been dealt. I wanted to teach my daughter that. No matter what happens you face your problems head-on.

Never cower. Never give up.

Then someone took her and I had to put my faith in a system that had failed me, and my hope in a man I didn’t know.

Mick
Serve. Honor. Protect, are the only things I’ve ever cared about until her case was dropped on my desk. As we searched for her missing daughter, the last woman I thought I’d fall in love with became my reason for living.

Then the world came crashing down around us.

One secret would change everything, but I had one more hand to be dealt. And if I played my cards right, maybe, just maybe we’d get our piece of heaven.


  Amazon http://amzn.to/2jjIbyE
iBooks http://apple.co/2iWtiAy
Barnes & Noble http://bit.ly/2k44Td0
Kobo http://bit.ly/2jiJQiI



I love the first book in this series, but there is something extra about Pieces of Heaven that takes my breath away.  It continues with all the suspense that holds the reader’s attention like Hell and Back while making the characters of Mick and Marissa pop off the pages into my heart. 

Pieces of Heaven begins with a concurrent telling of events that happen in Hell and Back, but the vision is from Mick’s point of view.  Natasha does an excellent job developing characters so that they jump off the page.  Her characters are full of flaws, but their perfections so overshadow those blemishes. 

Mick is a conundrum.  So much we know about him, and what we re-learn at the beginning of the book, is that he is a cheater.  He survives a tragic childhood and needs a break to pull his life together.   Initially, Mick is caught in a bad relationship with a former heartthrob who didn’t want him but leads him on and uses him.  I don’t like the other woman at all, but the mistakes aren’t all on her back.  Let me add that a book always works better for me when it has a character that sharpens my claws.  Mick is an easy victim to her games.  Mick loves Marissa and wants a real relationship with her.  It isn’t a simple task, and many roadblocks are in the way.
  "I’m the man who wants to believe her empty promises, I’m the man who wants the girl to finally pick him, and I’m the man who wants to believe that love conquers all. What the fuck is wrong with me?"

"Let me make you happy. Fuck, let me be happy, too." My thumbs gently stroked her cheeks. "Please," I whisper my plea, hoping like hell she gives in to the inevitability of us.”

Marissa’s daughter is missing.  She needs help, and Mick is there for her.  The more they are together, the more their love grows.  Marissa is my perfect female character.  She has weaknesses but pushes through and her strong core pulls her out of any “woe is me” syndrome.  Marissa is a funny woman with a kick-ass attitude.  She is determined to win.

“I can’t make you promises till she comes home. Till I hold her in my arms again. I can’t let you into my heart because it’s shattered. It’s in pieces and the longer I’m without her, the harder it will be to put the pieces back together. Because you, Mick, you deserve my whole heart, and I can’t give that to you yet.”

Pieces of Heaven is an outstanding book that I couldn’t put down.  There isn’t anything that I didn’t like about it.  The situations are real life drama.  The book is so well written and Natasha’s words are sometimes a sucker punch and other times loveable and endearing.  The dialogue is well done and insightful.

Pieces of Heaven is a fast-paced beautiful love story.  It is full of trials and struggles written in alternating points of view.  The dirty talk during the sex scenes makes me squirm in my seat and well done.  I am in love with Mick.  The icing on the cake is the ending and the epilogue.  It put a big smile on my face and a swoon in my heart. 

Natasha Madison is now one of my favorite new authors. It is exciting for me to be in early on an author’s career and watch them grow.  I can’t wait to see what Ms. Madison is going to give us in the future.    So far she delivers beautiful characters, a solid storyline, and a love story that makes me happy. 2017 is starting off with a bang, and this is one of the loudest.  This year is opening with exceptional “must read” books and the Heaven and Hell series is a good example!
5 Stamps

 




When her nose isn’t buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she’s in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It’s a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn’t listen to her…

                          https://natashamadisonauthor.wordpress.com/
                       https://www.facebook.com/AuthorNatashaMadison

No comments:

Post a Comment