Charm is the key to the world.
Charisma, magnetism, sex appeal—that ‘it’ factor that can’t be described.
Nolan Delany has it is spades.
The infamous Mr. Romantic.
And
maybe he is out of my league… But I’m going to give it the old college
try anyway. Because I didn’t travel two thousand miles for a job
interview at his request just to be put out like trash.
Don’t underestimate me, Mr. Delaney.
I’m really not as innocent as I look.
Well…where
does one start…maybe Kudos to Julie first.
Every time I
finish a JA Huss book I think to myself this is the best one. The thing is they are all so different and so
entertaining that, for me, they are all tied for the best one. Each book has great characters, plots,
settings and are uniquely special so each book can be the best at that moment
in time.
Mr. Romantic has some unexpected twists and nuances so it is
important for a reader to go in blind and experience them personally as the
story unfolds. Mr. Romantic is the
second book in the Misters series and can be read as a standalone if you don’t
want to go back at this point. However, if
you read Mr. Perfect you know that the Misters are all connected via an
event in college that changed all their lives.
I love the way
the story begins. A limousine pulls up
to Ivy Rockwell’s house with an invitation to interview at Delaney
Resorts. Ivy Rockwell is a recent
college graduate from Brown with a degree in marketing. The story begins with Ivy getting an
unexpected, yet very interesting, request to come to Delaney Resorts to
interview for a managerial position. Ivy
has a lot of book knowledge but very little relevant experience so this is a
great opportunity for her for a couple of reasons. It is an opportunity to meet the infamous
Nolan Delaney.
Nolan Delaney
is at the center of the controversy, and, from what we know so far, seems to me
to be the most broken by the event. On
the outside he is a huge success. He has
a string of clubs. Women are attracted
to him. He doesn’t have any problem
hooking up but he doesn’t have long-term relationships. Nolan is sexy and he knows it and he uses it
to his advantage. Delaney’s current
project is building a five-star resort.
He needs this project to be a triumph and is working to get the right
managerial staff in place to ensure a success.
Ms. Huss’ has
the ability to create characters that are so complex and in the mist of difficult
problems they need to resolve Nolan and Ivy fit right into this scenario. Mr. Romantic is a very imaginative story that works for those who enjoy
a blending of romance, kink, and mystery.
The journey Julie takes her readers on, as these damaged characters work
through their issues can make the reader wonder if the character is worth
saving at all and they always are.
The thing is,
even if the reader questions the actions of the main characters you have to
care about them. Their pain and personal
angst transmits from the written page to the heart of the reader. I can’t tell you how often my stomach
clenched, my heart raced, and my eyes are riveted to the book needing to get to
the end. This is one of those stories
that I wanted to jump to the end but I couldn’t let myself miss any of the
action.
Mr. Romantic is written in dual points of view switching between Nolan
and Ivy. This is really one of my
favorite techniques because I need to know what the main characters are
thinking. As bread crumbs are revealed
about their past, both good and bad, the story goes from light to creepy to downright
scary with some really hot sexy scenes woven in for good measure. We also get little hints about the other
Misters and their connection to characters in some of Julie’s earlier books.
Huss’ novels
are always thrilling, tantalizing, and well worth your time. Mr. Romantic is perfectly plotted and the pacing is comparable to
some of the best thrillers I’ve read over the years. I laughed, I cried, I was mesmerized and read
through from beginning to end without many breaks. That
is the sign of a good storyteller. I could not ask for a better storyline to
keep me entertained. Once again kudos
Julie A. Huss! A great job and I’m
looking forward to the next Mister.
5.5
STAMPS
THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE MISTER SERIES
The
Mister Series books are releasing every two months from April 2016 to December
2016. S funny, heartbreaking, and suspenseful collection of stories about five
powerful men and what it means to find love.
Book 1: Mr. Perfect (available now)
Book 2: Mr. Romantic (available now)
Book 3: Mr. Corporate (releasing Aug. 2016)
Book 4: Mr. Mysterious (releasing Oct. 2016)Book 5: Mr. Match (release Dec. 2016)Per Ms. Huss “Each book will be about a different man on the new “team” and their potential soulmates. You can jump in at any point until you get to the last one, and then it’s better to read books 1-4 first because I have a HUGE SURPRISE for you about his identity.”
Graphics from J.A. Huss website






No comments:
Post a Comment