Thursday 18 May 2017

*** BOX SET RELEASE & REVIEW *** Crash by Drew Jordan



Crash: Crash Series, Vol 1 by Drew Jordan

Date of Publication: November 1, 2015

Blurb



This is a dark, erotic thriller intended for mature readers.
The greatest love stories begin with blood…
There is blood.  There is pain.  And there is him.  These are the first things I register when I wake up, the lone survivor in an Alaskan plane crash.  He carries me to safety over rough terrain and brings me to his cabin in the woods.  He has no name.  Or none he will tell me.
As snow creeps across the harsh and isolated landscape, he is my only company.  My protector, my caretaker.  A fascinating enigma, with mysterious eyes, gentle hands, and a rough voice that demands more from me than I ever expected to give.  I make up different stories, different names for him depending on his mood, because I know nothing about him except that he is my only connection to the real world I want to return to.  So I work to please him, plotting my escape, yet all the while I start to crave him and every touch of his dominating body.
He has saved me from the cold.  From death.  But in taking me and my body, will he destroy me?

Available From


I must start this review by stating I don’t believe the Crash trilogy by Drew Jordan will be for everyone even though it is an interesting story concept and execution.  I say that because, even with dark novels, I expect to find something to like about the characters and I never get there with Laney Turner and her stranger all the while I enjoy their story.  My review is going to cover each book of the trilogy individually but keep in mind they are all available in a box set and you will keep turning the pages. 

Crash is the first book of the Crash trilogy.  The story is dark, suspenseful and mysterious and lays the groundwork for the crazy that will follow in the next two books.  I like dark and mysterious.  I like suspense.  I don’t know how I feel about Crash.  I’m very confused at this point in the story.  There are some aspects that I really like, and there are aspects that have me conflicted.  By the end of book one, I’m confident that I would not have continued if the other two books were not readily available.

Crash is told from the main female character, Laney Turner’s point of view.  She is the only survivor of a small plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness.  The imagery is very well done.  Laney’s thoughts about her surroundings like the sound of the pilot’s blood dripping as she watches it flow toward her puts the reader in the plane.  I can sense her fear.  I can hear the dripping and see the scene clearly in my mind. 

She is saved by a mountain man who doesn’t talk much, but he pulls her from the wreckage and takes her back to his cabin and takes care of her and treats her injuries.  He also makes her question her desire to get to Michael and marriage. There is something about this mystery man that captivates her and sparks a part of her soul that is neglected most of her life.

Mister Unknown is a macho mountain man.  He is a survivalist living alone with his dogs.  I enjoy trying to figure him out for the first half of the book until the mystery gets a little frustrating. (My frustration continues through most of the series.) At this point, he reminds me of an Alaskan Grizzly Adams with a dark, criminal background.  While the mystery is fascinating, after a bit, it gets old.  Is this sadistic dominant a good man or not?  The clues we get about the stranger aren’t enough and often conflicting.  Don’t get me wrong this confusion adds to the story and keeps the pages turning.

Both characters have a lot of baggage in their past.  By the end of Crash, we know some of Laney’s history.  Her life to this point has not been an easy road.  The mystery and the unknown add to the story until it doesn’t.  I never get enough of Mr. Unknown to get invested in the character.  I like him in a twisted, curious way but not sufficiently.  I don’t know what makes him tick.  He won’t give up anything about himself to make me care about him to want the couple to make it.   The tender moments are sweet but so what?  His punishments are harsh and spoil the tenderness.  Is it part of a game?  Part of his kink?  Or just plain evil?  I want to know, but I don’t really care. 

Fortunately for new readers, Hide is here while I’m interested in what happens next.  

3.5 STAMPS
 

About Drew Jordan



Drew Jordan has always liked the dark, mysterious, and sexy, and she wrote CRASH after a writer friend challenged her to "write without rules." She lives in Miami Beach, the opposite of snowy Alaska, a fact she is grateful for every day in January.

Find Drew Jordan Online

Hosted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment