Tuesday 26 July 2016

*** NOW AVAILABLE / REVIEW *** FATAL IDENTITY by Marie Force



 
  Every family has its secrets… 

As the first anniversary of her marriage to Vice President Nick Cappuano approaches, Lieutenant Sam Holland is dreaming of Bora Bora—sun, sand and a desperately needed break from the DC grind. But real life has a way of intervening, and Sam soon finds herself taking on one of the most perplexing cases of her career.

Government worker Josh Hamilton begs Sam to investigate his shocking claim that his parents stole him from another family thirty years ago. More complicated still, his "father" is none other than the FBI director. When a member of Josh's family is brutally murdered, Sam begins to question how deep this cover-up goes. Is it possible the revered director was part of a baby-napping ring and that others involved are also targets?

With a killer intent on deadly revenge and her team still reeling from a devastating loss, Sam's plate is full—and when Nick and their son, Scotty, take ill, is her dream of a tropical anniversary celebration in peril too?


The Fatal Series is back... and hotter than ever.


Well hell! Now I have to find time to add nine more books to my reading schedule.   Fatal Identity is the first book I’m reading from the Fatal series by Marie Force and I want more.  There is nothing I like better than a good mystery and Marie Force Deliveries with a capital “D”. 
Sam Holland and Nick Cappuano are the main characters in the series.  Sam is a homicide lieutenant and Nick is the Vice President.  Sam and Nick are coming up on their first anniversary and both of them are dealing with work and personal issues.  The couple is very much in love; that comes across loud and clear.  Fatal Identity starts with Sam’s suspension.  She is not remorseful for the actions that led to the decision at all.  On her way out the door, she is tracked down by the son of a high-powered government official who has information about a possible crime that happened decades prior.      
The story is a third person narrative that lets the reader understand and follow what is in the minds of all the characters.  Let me add that the support characters are perfect complements to the hero and heroine.  Scotty, the couple’s adoptive son, is so loveable; I want to give him a big hug and kiss.  The police and White House staff are delightful and obviously a big part of the couple’s life. 
The Washington D.C. setting adds a lot to the story.  I lived in the area most of my like and scandals are often in the news.  Fatal Identity takes me home.  The storyline of a high-powered official involved in an old secret scandal that involves a murder and kidnapping is tense and anxious at times.  The procedural part of the story is enough to get a glimpse of how a homicide team works but it isn’t so detailed to overwhelm the reader.
The Fatal series is the type of series I thoroughly enjoy.  The story has character and relationship development across the series while each book in the series has a beginning, middle, and end centered on the featured crime and the problems and events in the main characters’ personal lives. 
Since I’m starting the series on book ten, I don’t know the back story for this couple which didn’t impact how much I enjoy their story in the current book.  There are just enough hints about the past so I never feel lost but it isn’t overdone to make a long time follower bored with any rehashing. The story is told in a way that makes me want to know more about them. 
I read other books by Marie Force and like them a lot.  Fatal Identity doesn’t disappoint.  It pulled me into the mystery and the characters from the first page.  I have nothing but praise for Marie Force and Fatal Identity.  While the book works as a standalone, I can sense that there is a lot of character develop in previous novels, and I want to know everything; the events that put them together, and everything that brings the characters to the present time and how the other characters impact the couple.  To say I love it is an understatement!

5 STAMPS

#FatalIdentity

No comments:

Post a Comment